#header-inner {text-align: center ;}

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Hello Blog, I've been backpacking around Australia on my own!

Since we last talked, I've been all over Australia—north south east and (a bit) west. I've seen some pretty sweet sights, met some pretty great people, and everything has been working out in that magical there-is-no-way-this-can-be-a-coincidence kind of way.


Here is a link to some photos of my solo travels down under. 
Hopefully each says a thousand words and you enjoy the reading. 

Tonight, as it is my last evening in this lovely city and on this continent (for this trip at least), I am going to take a ferry from Manly to Circular Quay and see the lights of Sydney glistening across the harbor one last time...

Then, in the morning, I am going to watch the sunrise over the beach, finish packing my things, and board my flight back to California. I just wanted to write at least one more thing while I am here.

I'm sitting upstairs in my homestay family's office, which they were so kind to turn into a temporary bedroom for me for the last three nights that I've been in Sydney. I was tired after traveling, and so grateful to have a comfortable and familiar place to rest for a bit before the journey home.

It definitely has not hit me yet that I'm going back; I'm not sure I ever got around to realizing that I'm here! As much as I have loved living in Australia, I can't wait to see the people I love again—especially for the holidays.

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment