#header-inner {text-align: center ;}

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Open Mic Nights in Australia

While in Adelaide, I was (nicely) thrown on stage during an open mic night at the Grace Emily Hotel/Bar. I was terrified, as usual, and I messed so much (not just being modest) but it still ended up being one of my favorite nights in Australia. I'm usually so bashful about playing music—it was nice to just do it. Mistakes, nerves and all.



That night as I walked home, I was so pumped up over the whole serendipitous shenanigan that I couldn't stop smiling. I decided that night that Adelaide is awesome, travel is magic, and music is the best piece of heaven that has slipped its way into this world.

I went on to play at another open mic night in Cairns a week later, and it was just as fun. I was probably keen to do this because traveling tends to bring out the "you only live once" in us all. Now, if I could just be bold enough to go on stage when I'm at home too!

No comments:

Post a Comment